How to get the PPO transferred from Assam to another State?
The pensioner has to approach to his Disbursing authority with an application for transfer of pension mentioning there his/her new communication address and name of new Treasury where PPO is to be transferred. The distributing authority shall forward the PPO with last payment details to the State AG and State AG shall forward PPO to the AG Office of the other accounting circle under ‘Special Seal Authority’ to arrange for payment of Pension through respective District Treasury as opted by the pensioner.
How to get PPO transferred from one district to another district?
The pensioner has to approach the Pension Disbursing Authority i.e. DTO with an application for transfer. The distributing authority shall transfer the PPO to the respective Treasury Officer of the District for payment with intimation to the A.G.
Family Pension involving two wives:
Where a Government Servant leaves behind more than one widow, the 1st widow will be entitled to a Family Pension.
Who is eligible to receive Family Pension?
Family Pension admissible to the family of the Government servant as per A.SPR, 1969 and as amended from time to time as follows:
1. Wife or husband of the deceased Government servant up to the date of her/his death or re-marriage whichever is earlier. In case of more than one wife, the eldest surviving wife of the deceased government servant is to be paid family pension. Here, the term eldest should be construed with reference to the seniority according to the date of marriage with the deceased Government Servant and not with reference to the age of the widow.
2.Eldest minor son (including adopted son) till he attains the age of 18 years.
3.Eldest unmarried daughter (including adopted daughter) till she attains the age of 21 years or marriage whichever is earlier.
4.Physically handicapped children will be entitled to family pension for life subject to certain conditions w.e.f. 25/06/2003 or thereafter as the case may be vide Govt. Notification No. PPG(P) 268/95/85, dated 30/05/2003. Such pension will follow only after completion of the normal order of seniority of children according to admissible age.
5.Children born after retirements are also eligible for family pension as marriage after retirement is recognized for the purpose of family pension w.e.f. 18/01/1995 or thereafter as the case may be vide Govt. Notification No. PPG(P) 148/92/96,dated 8/5/1996.
6.Father and Mother of the Government Servant.
7.Eldest surviving brother up to 18 years of age.
8.Eldest surviving sister up to the age of 21 years or marriage, whichever is earlier.
N.B.= Sl No. 6,7 & 8 are entitle Family Pension w.e.f. 20/08/2015 or thereafter as the case may be in terms of Govt. Notification No. PPG(G) 10/2013/38, dated 20/08/2015.
What is the reason for withholding a part of pensionary benefits?
Generally, due to erroneous pay fixation done by the Department result in over payment of Pay and Allowances during his/her service life and to adjust the overpayment, a portion of pensionary benefits (i.e DCRG/DR) are withheld till final reply is not received from Department. Moreover, when the House Building Advance, Motor Car Advance and Computer Advance etc. are remained outstanding, DCRG is to be held overdue as per existing Rules till asserting of total Govt. dues are outstanding.
What are the reasons for the difference in the pensionary benefits calculated by the Department and that admitted by A.G.?
The difference may be due to error in arriving at the qualifying service and some erroneous pay fixation done by the Department.
What is the procedure for drawing Pensionary benefits?
The Pensioner has to present himself with his personal copy of authority/intimation letter for Pension, Gratuity and CVP to the Treasury to whom A.G.’s Office has authorized the Pension/Gratuity/CVP.
When will a retired Government Servant get his /her Pensionary benefits?
Pensionary benefits are authorized within two months from the date of receipt of Pension proposals in complete shape from Departments/Pension Sanctioning Authorities.