As a general rule, payment of pay, leave salary and allowances of gazetted officers is arranged by the Accountant General either at the treasuries or through other disbursing officers like public works / forest divisional officers.

Pay slips are issued to the gazetted officers concerned and copies of the same are endorsed to Treasury officers/Pay and Accounts Officers indicating the rates of pay, special pay (if any) and allowances to be paid from specified dates.