What happens when missing debits are not settled immediately?
The Account Statement shows adverse (minus) balance due to missing debit. If a debit is missing and recoveries are also not accounted for against it, the amount of advance would be recovered from pensionary benefits of the Government Servant and this causes delay in authorizing the Pension.
How to adjust missing debits?
When a missing debit is noted in the Account Statement of an Advance, the Government Servant has to approach the DDO and ensure that the details of the drawal viz. Amount , Voucher No. , SA No.,Treasury along with certificate of payment or a copy of the voucher are sent to this office. The missing debit will be posted if the amount is unposted in the records of this office. In case of misclassification of the debit, the Treasury /PAO has to rectify the same.
What are Missing Debits?
1. Sanction received without corresponding debit
2. Recoveries received without corresponding debit
What is the procedure for adjustment of missing credits/ debits?
Missing credits arise due to misclassification in the treasuries or incorrect details in Loan Recovery schedules. At times, schedules/vouchers are not received from the Treasuries/PAOs for various reasons and as a result some of the recoveries/withdrawals do not get posted in the account. These missing credits/debits can be located and included in the individual account after proper verification of the accounts rendered to AG by the Drawing and Disbursing Officers/Treasuries/PAOs subject to furnishing the details in Missing Credits Memo.
How to Apply for Clearance Certificate
On completion of recovery of Principal and interest the DDO shall forward the full details of Advance taken, recovered, interest due and recovered along with Certificate of Fulfillment of Formalities issued by loans sanctioning authority, to the Accountant General.
When clearance certificate for the advance taken is given
On full repayment of the Advance taken and payment of interest thereon