Compliance Performance
Andhra Pradesh

Report 1 of 2015 - Compliance and Performance Audit on Revenue Sectors of Government of Andhra Pradesh

Date on which Report Tabled:
Thu 26 Mar, 2015
Date of sending the report to Government
Government Type
State
Sector -

Overview

The report contains 34 paragraphs involving Rs. 1236.88 crore relating to non/short levy of taxes, interest, penalty, etc., and a performance audit on"Public service delivery including functioning of IT services (CFST)in Transport Department involving Rs. 749.52 crore with total financial impact of Rs. 1986.40 crore. Some of the significant Audit findings are mentioned below.

The total revenue receipts of the State Government for the year  2013-14 amounted to Rs. 110718.83 crore against Rs. 103830.28 crore for the previous year. State tax and non-tax revenue accounted for 72 percent of this (Rs. 64123.53 crore and Rs. 15472.86 crore respectively). The remaining 28 per cent was received from Government of India as State share of divisible Union taxes (Rs. 22131.89 crore) and Grants-in-aid (Rs. 8990.55 crore).

Test check of 279 units of VAT, Land revenue, State excise. Motor vehicles, Stamp duty and Registration fees and other departmental offices conducted during 2013-14 revealed preliminary audit findings involving non levy/short levy of taxes, duties etc., amounting to Rs. 2314.38 crore in 1784 cases.

Download Audit Report

Back to Top