HISTORY

This office was established in Ranchi the erstwhile State of Bihar in line with creation of an independent office for Commercial Audit with effect from 1 October 1955 and designated as office of Chief Auditor(Commercial Accounts) Eastern Region. Subsequently, as a result of Administrative Reforms Commission Report, a big expansion of commercial audit took place and Audit Board mechanism was introduced with effect from 1 April 1969 resulting in creation of nine new offices designated as offices of Member Audit Board and Director of Commercial Audit during the tenure of the then Comptroller & Auditor General of India Shri S. Ranganathan (1966–1972). The office of the Member Audit Board & Ex-Officio Director of Commercial Audit, Ranchi was re-designated as office of the Principal Director of Commercial Audit & Ex-Officio Member, Audit Board, Ranchi on 28th February 1990. Subsequently, C&AG office restructured Commercial Audit Wing in clusters and this office was designated as the Director General of Audit (Steel), Ranchi w.e.f. 1st June 2020. Since, 31 March 2021 name of office has been changed from Director General of Audit (Steel) to Principal Director of Audit (Steel), Ranchi.

Back to Top